Powerful Web-Based Business Enables Anyone to Tap Into a Hot Rising Trend
This business leverages a hot rising trend in a big way. Plus…there’s a mind-boggling demand for it.
B.L. dropped me a note last week to thank her for the heads-up on this opportunity. She’s already making some nice “background bucks”.
The Surprising Free Business
A buddy of mine has been involved in a unique business for the last 2 years. Hardly anyone knows this even exists.
The best part… is it doesn’t cost a dime to start or operate.
It’s not something that will make you an overnight millionaire. Though my friend makes as much as $900 – $2300 a week… Read all about it here!
**End Sponsored Content**
The business is online background checks. But hang on…this is NOT what you think it is. What’s more, this opportunity and market has changed in the last two years. I’ll get you in the inside scoop and some “fast start” tips.
“Can I Make Money Doing Background Checks”?
You’ve probably seen the commercials promoting background checks. One of the reasons background checks are so popular is because there’s an HUGE demand for the service. People, business owners, law firms, government agencies, and even the “curious” are using them.
Today, you can find out almost anything you want to know about someone quickly and easily with the help of Google and other searching tools. But verified background checks go a little deeper.
Granted, some people or agencies would never pay someone to perform a background check, knowing they can do it themselves. But that is not your target market! Your target market or “A” prospect is someone who has paid for online background checks previously, and preferably many times.
For example, a company like Central Maine Power performs background checks of every new person they hire. But the company doesn’t spend the time running their own background checks; they hire a professional background investigation firm to do it.
The neat thing about this business is you can start out small or you leverage this business to its fullest. Google works great for performing background checks and it’s free. If you understand Google’s advanced searching applications it becomes even more powerful.
But there’s another site called PeopleFinders.com. I like PeopleFinders.com because they offer a massive backend database of targeted information. On top of that, PeopleFinders.com offers a world class affiliate program. My number one prerequisite for choosing an affiliate partner is whether or not my commission checks clear the back.
In other words, we need to ask ourselves if a company with whom we partner or “affiliate” will be around next year. There’s a strong probability PeopleFinders.com will be around for a while.
The Keys to Success in this Business
In order for an affiliate program to make money you’ll need a website or ad copy to attract prospects and close sales. It’s a good idea to focus on targeted “A-type prospects,” too. These are the people who will be responding to your ads or coming to your affiliate website. I’ll show you how to do each of these things.
Step 1 – Post Your Site (with “Over the Top” Ad Copy)
The beauty of most affiliate programs is the fact that you do NOT need a website to be successful. You can run keyword ads, banners, ads in e-mail newsletters, text links, and a bunch of other methods, including YouTube videos. All you need to get your share of the revenue is a unique affiliate code. And all your ads will have an affiliate code in the image or in the URL, and you can even hide this code if you want to.
The reason some affiliates like to “hide” their affiliate code or special URLs is so prospects do not feel they are being “resold” a product or service at steep markups. In other words, most people want the best deal possible when purchasing a product or service. Some people are turned off by the notion a third party will be profiting from a sale.
However, I think the majority of Internet users do not even know what an “affiliate URL” or “affiliate code” looks like, so it’s not a big deal.
Here’s an example of what an affiliate URL compared to a regular URL looks like:
Regular URL: http://www.peoplefinders.com
Affiliate URL: http://www.peoplefinders.com/165tb
When someone “clicks” on your affiliate advertisement they’ll be transferred to the PeopleFinders.com website. Once the visitor arrives on the website a “cookie” (small piece of programming code) is placed in the user’s browser, and ultimately on their computer.
Don’t worry. Cookies are 100 percent safe and are an acceptable practice on the Internet. Most of the largest and most respectable companies on the Internet use “cookies.” Think Apple, Wal-Mart, Dell, Microsoft, Amazon.com, eBay, and Zappos.com.
Anyway, when a user with a cookie makes a purchase (in this case, when he or she conducts an online background check) you get paid. It’s that simple.
You can also build a simple affiliate website or retain a freelancer to do it for you. Simple affiliate websites are easy to build and can look very professional. I’ve seen simple affiliate websites generate $30,000 per month in sales!
Heck, I have several tiny affiliate websites producing several hundred dollars a month on auto pilot! So I know firsthand it can be done.
An affiliate website can be a simple one page sales letter, or it can be a robust, featured instructional website which describes all of the features and benefits of online background checks.
Another popular strategy on the Internet right now is a review-type website. A “review” website would review all of the online background check services – with high-end graphics, images, and personal reviews of each service. Then you could become an affiliate for all of the background check services if you wanted to! Sneaky? Maybe…. but smart? Yes
And get this: you don’t have to provide glowing reviews of each online background check company. Be honest, and people will appreciate it.
In other words, if you like PeopleFinders.com, say so! Or if you think another site is better, speak up. If you become an affiliate of each service like I suggested, you’ll profit no matter which one they choose to visit.
Step 2 – Open a Floodgate of Traffic with “Hyper SEO”
The Diamond-Spangled Banner
Have you EVER known of a way of making fast cash that goes so far beyond being just ethical… it’s actually patriotic?
Can you imagine getting paid a fortune to GENUINELY help America from home, RISK-FREE…?
My friend, Patrick Coffey, has made a small fortune doing just that and now he’s looking to share the wealth with a few lucky apprentices.
**End Sponsored Content**
You can drive “A” prospects with PPC, organic search, prepaid keyword ads (like the ones ExactSeek.com offers), and social networks like YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo! 360, and Twitter.
But the question I receive more than any other is this: How can I drive targeted traffic to my site on a small budget?
Let’s say you have a budget of $500 – not per month, but total. Here’s how I would allot those funds:
$100 – Hyper-SEO for your affiliate website (retain an affiliate savvy freelance webmaster or do-it-yourself with website making software)
$250 – Hyper-targeted PPC keyword ad (use one phrase only to test /for example, “background check”)
$100 – Hyper-targeted e-mail newsletter (a text link in a newsletter like SEO-News, which has 200,000 subscribers)
$50 – Flat-fee keyword ad on engines like ExactSeek.com (one phrase only to start: “background check” or “people search.”)
If you have a larger budget you can duplicate and leverage this strategy. And again, a review-style website works well when it comes to generating organic (free) traffic from Google, Yahoo!, MSN, and Ask.com (the Big Boys when it comes to search engines).
Step 3 – Leverage and Duplication
In a few short weeks, after you’ve applied these techniques, the sales and revenue should start to flow. In most cases the sales will start out slow, especially with smaller marketing budgets.
But the bottom line is you WILL see sales if you apply these techniques properly. And you’ll get excited with the possibilities!
Now is the time to leverage and duplicate your success by launching additional ads, and affiliate websites.
Don’t Let Google Slap You!
If you enter the words “Google slap” into Google you’ll receive a boatload of search results with articles describing this event and specifically affiliate marketing. Slapped means your website is removed from the Google index and database, or your AdWords account is disabled.
One of the reasons Google “slapped” affiliate marketers is because of redundancy. Granted, Google wants to make big money with Google AdWords and make its search engine as popular as possible. But not at the expense of its users.
How to Avoid Getting “Slapped” by Google – My Secret
Here’s the deal in a nutshell… Internet entrepreneurs and marketers were posting thousands (and in some cases tens of thousands) of identical pages and content on the web.
The effect or the problem it caused was two-fold:
1) Google’s search results started to get flooded with “irrelevant” pages, content, and links. Not good. The core of Google’s business is “relevant search.”
2) All of this identical content irritated other Internet users. In some ways it’s like “passive spam.”
That’s where the slap comes in.
Google is also rumored to apply what is known in the industry as a “stupid tax.” A “stupid tax” is not really a tax. It’s a premium placed on neophyte Google AdWords advertisers who don’t bother to learn programming, algorithms, Google’s technology, or even keyword advertising in general.
There are more than 500,000 Google AdWords advertisers in the “system.” Most of these advertisers are neophytes and probably generate 80 percent of Google’s total advertising revenue. But, Google is also concerned with relevant search results – both in organic results and with AdWords!
If you design your affiliate website and AdWords (or any PPC ads) the right way – YOU WILL NEVER GET SLAPPED BY GOOGLE.
Here’s what you do – and I’ve done this with incredible results, so it’s NOT theory.
1) Build your affiliate website with original, relevant content. Do not copy someone else’s content or ad copy. Write it yourself – or retain a freelance writer or copywriter to do it for you.
2) Focused content. This is simple. Most people want to put everything under the sun (including the kitchen sink) on their website. Most people erroneously believe “white or blank space” on a website is a sin. If your affiliate website is about “finding people” or performing “background checks” focus the content on these areas. Don’t add “filler” or irrelevant content just to make the site “look” more important or robust.
3) Use real people and real stories – and photos that are relevant. Google is not going to “slap” a website with true original content and actual stories.
4) Include back links to Google and other relevant sources of information. If you look at the majority of affiliate websites who were “slapped” by Google, you’ll see one similarity. Most of these sites did NOT have links to Google or other relevant information.
That’s it. If you follow these guidelines you won’t get slapped by Google, or anyone else.
Another Timely Niche: Asset Recovery Business!
The main objective of an asset recovery business is to obtain information about the financial resources, holdings, investments, etc. of an individual or business. Most of the time, it’s concerned with finding hidden resources and money.
But it could also entail information on criminal backgrounds, fraud, and missing persons.
Here is a basic fee schedule for a successful asset recovery business in Florida:
I’m using Florida as an example because it appears to have the highest concentration of Asset Recovery Businesses. But you can expect the fee schedules to be similar in other states. An exception would be rural areas and states like Montana, Maine, Wyoming, and Nebraska.
Level One Asset Search — Fixed Fee: $250
Basic asset profile. Due diligence for assets when policy limits are offered. (Also known as the CYR — cover-your-rear search.)
* Includes name and Social Security number verification.
* Includes real property search by name and address.
* Includes DMV search for vehicles owned.
* Includes fictitious business (DBAs), corporate president and agent for service searches, Uniform Commercial Code filings, Superior civil court cases, etc. (For business, add $75 for Business Profile.)
Level Two Background Search — Fixed Fee: $485
* Includes all Level One searches.
* Includes statewide bankruptcies, judgments — with dates and amounts, evictions, foreclosures, and tax liens.
* Includes real property equity assessment, including all trust deeds and current market value.
* Includes limited partnerships, statewide professional licenses, Board of Equalization, aircraft, watercraft, pilot licenses.
* Includes Social Security fraud scan for aliases, false Social Security numbers, and names of relatives.
* Unique address history scan searches for asset-related data.
Level Three Search — Fixed Fee: $950
* Includes all Level One and Level Two searches.
* Includes research for financial institution affiliations.
* Includes one affiliation — $350 for each additional affiliation.
Level Four Search — Fixed Fee: $1,850
* Includes all above searches.
* Includes nationwide research for financial institution affiliations, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and safe deposit boxes.
* Includes source of income search.
Level Five Search — Average Cost: $3,000 and up*
* Includes all above searches.
* Includes search for offshore assets.
* Includes extended county searches, transferred properties, concealed assets, and confidential sources. Also includes search for assets held by spouses, family members, business associates, and AKA’s.
*Some persons with common names, evasive behavior, or extremely active profiles may require an additional research fee of up to $75.
Background & Asset Combination — A Comprehensive Personal Profile
* Combines Level Two Asset and Level Two Background searches.
* A complete wide-ranging profile of your subject.
* Asset portion gives a broad asset profile to gauge net worth, including real property, vehicles, business affiliations and ownership, liabilities, bankruptcies, etc.
* Background portion gives personal profile, including criminal research, (felonies and misdemeanors), civil cases, divorces, driver record, age confirmation, aliases, relatives, address history, and false Social Security numbers.
* Often used for business due diligence, prenuptial, dating, and executive pre-employment.
* Save over $100 compared to individual prices.
This business is not for the faint of heart. Though you can specialize in specific aspects of asset recovery, you’ll often be called upon to dig up some unpleasant facts about someone.
But this niche can be a great Internet-based home business because so much of what you’re looking for is a matter of public record and/or can easily be found online.
Another thing… when looking for clients – don’t neglect law firms!
Most law firms have a shortage of people who can conduct quality research and background checks and provide documentation!
Take the plunge and start your business!
An Easy Way to Save $472 a Month
Is your credit score costing you thousands of dollars each and every year?
Well… If you’re credit score isn’t perfect there’s a good chance it is.
I have some friends who used to be deep in debt and managed to get out in much less time than they thought it was going to take. Their solution using the information provided here!
**End Sponsored Content**
“The King of Business Opportunities”
(Ed Note: Marc Charles is referred to as “The King of Business Opportunities” ….and for good reason. He should be known as “The King of Legitimate Business Opportunities”…because he’s launched, bought, sold reviewed and advised on hundreds of businesses and money making opportunities. He understands legitimate opportunities. Marc has agreed supply League of Power members with crucial updates regarding legitimate business and money making opportunities.)
**** Action Strategy ****
You have what you need to make “background bucks”
You can also launch a PeopleFinders.com affiliate website, or launch your own background check service. Background checks are a hot rising trend, and especially in this economy.
Another profitable niche is the asset recovery business. Take some time today and over the next few days to familiarize yourself with pricing, services, offers and marketing angles in this market.
Searching Public Records Is as Easy as 1, 2, 3
Searching public records is easy and some it can be automated.
But when you’re starting out in this market it might make sense to partner with a company like PeopleFinders to keep costs down. As a PeopleFinders affiliate your primary responsibility will be marketing the service online.
But it’s really simple.
LibrarySpot is a good resource to learn about searching public records. When you perform some basic searches you’ll see how easy it is.
***Valuable Resources ***
SearchSystems (32,000+ searchable public databases)